A Little More Information
Provided by the De La Salle International Solidarity Foundation in Rome, this PDF booklet highlights one of its project for each week of the year. It was created for Lasallian schools and ministries on the occasion of the tricentenary celebrations in 2019. The booklet highlights 52 ministries from across our Lasallian community and provides a brief explanation of their services, geographically maps their location. There is also a prayer for each ministry.
Some ideas for how to use this resource:
- For schools, read the short description on one day of the week, adding a sentence of two about how that particular ministry connects to some aspect of school life. The prayer may be used within religion classes that day.
- For teachers, assign a student on Friday to look up some information about the project that is features the next week, and then have them talk about it in class on Monday, ending with the prayer that is said together in class.
- For administrators who have regular weekly meetings, bring the story of each project into your meeting as a conversation or simply as a prayer.
- For principals, include the week’s project into your newsletter or bulletin to parents and others. (Your tech folks will know how to capture the photographs from the pdf.)
- For all Lasallians, at the beginning of the week, quietly read about the project, reflect about how it resonates with something in your life, and then end with the prayer.