A Little More Information
Lasalliana – # 51 – 2000
When the 50th volume of Lasalliana was published, an index of all previous volumes was created for easy reference. In this volume, individual articles are divided according to the Lasalliana section categories that have been used throughout their publication, according to the general subjects areas, and according to the names of the authors. In this way, there are a number of ways that one might pursue one’s interest in a particular category, subject area, or author’s writings.
NOTE: Below is an explanation of the “four parts of the filing scheme” for each article in Lasalliana.
Example: On an article marked 20-2-A-77:
- 20 means that it was published in folder [volume] number 20
- 2 means that it was article number 2 of this folder
- In every folder there are twenty articles
- This article numbering was added to the scheme with volume 15
- A means the subject of the article is St. John Baptist de La Salle
- 77 means that there have already been 76 other articles published on this subject before the present one.
General Subject Classifications:
- O – General subjects – Miscellaneous
- A – John Baptist de La Salle – Facts – His Teachers – Writings
- B – Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools – The Brother – History and Current Events
- C – Ministry – Educational Processes – Pedagogy – Teaching
- D – Mission – Shared Mission – Lasallian Family – Association
- E – Experiences – Witness – Happenings – Events