A Little More Information
These sets of 2-page studies and reflections on Lasallian topics began in September 1983 and were published every year in three volumes up to 2001. Each volume contained 20 separate leaflets on specific themes or topics by Brothers and others from around the world. Many Brothers and others have benefited from these compact nuggets on various aspects of De La Salle, Lasallian education, the Institute, and the like. There are 53 sets or “volumes” of this publication, providing over 1,000 individual resources for perusal, research, and Lasallian formation.
NOTE: Below is an explanation of the “four parts of the filing scheme” for each article in Lasalliana.
Example: On an article marked 20-2-A-77:
- 20 means that it was published in folder [volume] number 20
- 2 means that it was article number 2 of this folder
- In every folder there are twenty articles
- This article numbering was added to the scheme with volume 15
- A means the subject of the article is St. John Baptist de La Salle
- 77 means that there have already been 76 other articles published on this subject before the present one.
General Subject Classifications:
- O – General subjects – Miscellaneous
- A – John Baptist de La Salle – Facts – His Teachers – Writings
- B – Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools – The Brother – History and Current Events
- C – Ministry – Educational Processes – Pedagogy – Teaching
- D – Mission – Shared Mission – Lasallian Family – Association
- E – Experiences – Witness – Happenings – Events